Integrated Mosquito Control Service
PowerX is your local mosquito control expert. Our professionally trained and licensed technicians will inspect your property and, using the best methods available in the industry today, devise a plan to keep your property mosquito-free. During our visit, we will perform an integrated mosquito control application that targets the adult population by using an ultra-low volume applicator. We will also target the mosquito larvae growing in your yard by applying a larvicide.
Your lawn will be free from biting mosquitoes for approximately 21 days. Once our technician leaves and the chemical is dry—which normally takes approximately 30-40 minutes—you and your family can enjoy your yard for three weeks.
PowerX will also treat the perimeter of your property on each and every visit to limit outside mosquitoes from entering your yard.
Useful Information: Did you know Bromeliads and holes in tree trunks may breed thousands of mosquito larvae?
There are over 80 species of mosquito present in Florida today.
Mosquito populations have been known to carry dengue, malaria, Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus, St. Louis Encephalitis virus, West Nile virus, and Zika, to name a few diseases.
Mosquito control is essential to our well-being and to the safety of our families.
Zika Virus Information:
Please read this helpful information from The Center for Disease Control to protect yourself from contracting the virus.
- Avoid Travel to areas where there are mosquitoes.
- See your doctor or contact the Florida Department of Health in your County for testing if you visited Miami Beach area on or after June 15 or a country known to have Zika and develop a fever, rash, joint pain, or red eyes.
- Pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding can use insect repellent with one of the following active ingredients: Deet and Picaridin, found in such products as Off!, Cutter, and Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus. These are EPA-registered insect repellents. Please always check with your doctor prior to following these directions to put on bug spray.
- U.S. doctors should test newborns who show signs of the Zika virus, especially in Florida, where mosquitoes are prevalent.
- Most insect repellents can be used on children, with a few caveats. Always follow instructions when applying insect repellent to children.
- Do not apply insect repellent to children under 2 years old.
- Dress children in clothing that covers their arms and legs.
- Use mosquito netting to cover cribs, strollers, and baby carriers.
- Protect your home from mosquitoes by using screens on windows and doors and getting rid of standing water.
- Stay in places with air conditioning and with windows and door screens.
- If you are sleeping outdoors, sleep under a mosquito net.
- Use insect repellent and use protective clothing.
- Upon return from a place where there were infected mosquitoes, continue to protect yourself for three weeks after travel so you do not spread the Zika virus.
- If you feel sick when you return from a trip, immediately go to a doctor.
Note: The above information was obtained from the CDC. Please log into the site for additional information about the Zika virus.
Need Mosquito Control in FL?
PowerX specializes in mosquito control! Our professional and licensed technicians will inspect your property and perform an integrated mosquito control application for both the adult population as well as mosquito larvae.